Destinations

Puerto Rico: The Perfect Destination for the First-Time International Traveler

No passport needed, the US dollar is the currency, and English is widely spoken. For someone thinking about traveling to the far corners of the world but with just a bit of jitters when it comes to venturing off to another country, Puerto Rico is the perfect place to test the waters of international travel.… Continue reading Puerto Rico: The Perfect Destination for the First-Time International Traveler

Tips

5 Ways Planning a Trip is Almost as Fun as Going On It

Over the last few years, I have begun to realize that going on a trip is only about 20% of the thrill. I honestly believe that planning a trip can be the other 80% of satisfaction you get from the vacation. Is it just me? Am I a super-nerd? Maybe. But I’m going to share… Continue reading 5 Ways Planning a Trip is Almost as Fun as Going On It

Popular · Tips

4 Easy Ways to Save a TON of Money for Travel

So many times I’ve heard things like, “How can you afford to travel so much?! You must be loaded!” I travel on average about once every 2-3 months. The truth is, I’m definitely not loaded, but I do think that working in the travel industry has taught me a few tricks of the trade and… Continue reading 4 Easy Ways to Save a TON of Money for Travel

Tips

Volunteering as an Excuse to Travel… And do Good at the Same Time!

I don’t want to frame this post as a post about how volunteering while traveling makes it cheaper, because that isn’t necessarily always the case; nor should you become a volunteer traveler for the sole purpose of saving money. That being said, at times, it can make the logistics of travel a bit easier on… Continue reading Volunteering as an Excuse to Travel… And do Good at the Same Time!